Monday, May 5, 2014

Augmented Reality Project "Dragons"



Augmented Reality Project "Dragons"

We did a project in kindergarten that required the students to draw a dragon and write up a story. We then had the students come into our media studio to use the green screen. We then used Puppet pals an app on the iPad to animate the dragons and chose backgrounds. We edited everything using iMovie and added titles and sound effects.

At our Art Fair, I prepared 10 iPads with the app Aurasma, this allowed me to use the drawings the kids made originally as a sort of QR code trigger to show the movies on each drawing. You only need to create the trigger once and make it public and it will work on all the ipads.

I made a short making of video that shows all of these steps. If you want any additional information or have questions about how to do this in your school, just email me and I will be glad to help.

trudeaujp@selwyn.ca





No comments:

Post a Comment

October 2020 Tech Tips

  See the future, I always like sharing these hints at what the next 5-10 years could look like. Microsoft just showcased a video and it eve...